Center for Environmental Initiatives (CEI) has established five long-term goals that will direct our future work and, when adequately funded and implemented, will result in a cleaner, healthier and more sustainable region for today and future generations.
- Clean Water: Restore water quality to promote a healthy ecosystem and allow for a wide variety of uses, such as swimming and fishing.
- Sustainable Energy: Foster sustainable use and generation of energy by promoting reduction, conservation, and efficient use of energy and ecologically acceptable alternatives to fossil fuels.
- Waste Minimization: Promote conservation of resources by reducing waste generated and increasing reuse and recycling.
- Transportation Alternatives: Increase usage of alternative transportation and fuels.
- Clean Air: Improve local ambient air quality to benefit the health and quality of life in the region.
To achieve these goals CEI will continue to work with citizens, organizations, institutions, government and businesses to achieve its goals through:
- Education: Outreach to a wide range of stakeholders, increasing understanding and appreciation of the issues.
- Collaboration: Establish partnerships with appropriate stakeholders to define problems and develop solutions.
- Informed Action: Implement initiatives and projects supported by our partners and aimed at achieving our goals.